Industrial chic meets spacious glamour in this 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath home located in DUMBO. With more than 1,700 square feet of living space in one of the neighborhood’s most thoughtfully converted warehouses, this duplex residence represents the best of loft living in the city.
Huge, contemporary home
If you want space, storage and luxury, then this is the place. 51 Jay Street, 1-Q, is a spacious duplex that offers 1,609 square feet of interior living space. In addition, a private outdoor terrace overlooking the courtyard gives you another 163 square feet of space. The home features 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, expansive casement windows letting in plenty of natural light and white oak herringbone floors.
In the open kitchen you’ll find Gaggenau appliances, La Rochelle Gris marble slab countertops, and a wall of closets and hidden shelves. The master bedroom features even more storage, with a walk-in closet.
The spa-like bathroom is a luxury retreat. It features walnut brown marble flooring, lacquered dark brown vanities with copper detailing, and a glass-enclosed wet room with a soaking tub and walk-in shower. It’s the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate after a long day.
At 51 Jay Street, you’ll find every luxury amenity you’ve come to expect in New York’s best full-service buildings, including:
- Stunning lobby with steel tracks that are set into polished concrete, celebrating DUMBO’s industrial heritage
- 24/7 concierge
- Fitness center with yoga room
- Playroom for children
- Lounge for residents
- Rooftop terrace featuring fireplace and outdoor kitchen
- Beautifully landscaped central courtyard
- Additional storage for bicycles
- Dog washing station and grooming area
- Laundry room
Neighborhood with Character
DUMBO is a rare neighborhood that combines the best of both Manhattan and Brooklyn. The cobblestone streets and converted warehouses offer an environment that is charming and sophisticated. Residents are a mix of young professionals, artists, entrepreneurs and families.
Living in DUMBO gives you the opportunity to enjoy open, natural spaces, locally owned shops, upscale dining and trendy bars, as well as many cultural events throughout the year that foster a real sense of community. Some of the great places you’ll find here include:
- Gran Electrica – This authentic Mexican restaurant offers up delicious food including handmade tortillas and spicy chorizo.
- Half Pint Citizens – Shop for eco-friendly clothes and toys for your little ones.
- Green Stone Spa – Unwind with a variety of massages geared towards relieving pain and stress.
- Blanc & Rouge – A classic wine bar and store with tastings held every Wednesday.
- Jacques Torres Chocolate – Indulge in the very best handcrafted chocolates and sweets.
Ask any of the residents who live in DUMBO, and they’ll tell you it’s a great place to call home.
Commuting from 51 Jay Street is easy. Grab the F train at York St, which is approximately six minutes away. Need to catch a flight? The nearest airport is Laguardia, located five miles away.
For more information about 51 Jay Street, 1-Q, see our full listing or contact Jeff Gordon at 917-386-7553 or Julien Bettelheim at 650-619-3326. Our dedicated team is here to guide you through the real estate process, and we’re always available to answer your questions.