The FIDI Report: 1Q19
• Three bedrooms were the only segment of the market that saw increases across the board in median and average prices and median ppsf.
• The median ppsf decreased 9.56% YoY and 3.69% QoQ.
• There was a 200% increase in median discount YoY – closing prices were 4.06% above asking in Q1 of 2018 versus 4.71% below asking price in Q1 2019.
• One bedrooms were the only layout that did not see a decrease in average rent QoQ with an increase of 0.1%.
• Three bedrooms were the only layout that saw a decrease in number of units rented QoQ witha decrease of 12%.
• There was dramatic increase in inventory of 72% YoY and 77% QoQ, mostly likely explained by a number of new units hitting the market as well as more of the available inventory actually being listed.