The FIDI Report: 2Q18
Q2 2018 in the Financial District saw downward trends YoY in average and median sales prices as well as in average price per square foot across all sectors. Number of units sold was down by a significant 55.6% YoY and 4% QoQ. The only sectors that saw an increase in average price QoQ were one bedrooms and three bedrooms. While there was a 34.48 % drop in number of studios sold YoY, there was an increase quarter over quarter of 72%, the only sector to see an increase in number of units sold QoQ besides three bedrooms.
- Three bedrooms bucked the above trends with a 35.96% increase in average price QoQ of $2,375,000 to $3,228,964. This sector also saw a whopping increase in units sold, 250% QoQ and 75% YoY.
- One bedrooms commanded the highest average price per square foot in FiDi for Q2 of $1,387, which was an increase of 8.13% QoQ, but a drop of 5.2% YoY.
- Q2 saw a decrease in median discount from Q1 at 4.06% to 2.32%.
While all sectors of the FiDi rental market in Q2 showed an increase in average rent, QoQ, average rent YoY is down almost 20% to $3,887. Studios and three bedrooms actually saw increases in average and median rents, with two bedrooms showing the most significant decreases in average and median rent YoY of 16.95 and 4.84%, respectively. There was also a decrease in number of units rented YoY across all sectors, except for studios which showed a 2.45% increase in number of units rented.
- Studios saw the largest increase in number of units rented- 55.81% QoQ and 2.45% YoY.
- The most dramatic drop in number of units rented both QoQ and YoY was in the three bedroom sector, with a 90.91% drop QoQ and a 95.24% drop YoY.
- Three bedrooms had the largest increase in average rent and median rent YoY, 27.92% and 10.52% respectively.