The FIDI Report: 1Q20
• The median price remained even at $1,050,000 from the previous quarter, giving us a YoY increase of 3.50%.
• The increase in sales from last quarter can be attributed to the increase in the number of 1 and 2 bedrooms sold. 1 Bedrooms saw a 100% increase while 2 bedrooms saw a 114% increase.
• The average price per square foot saw a 4.93% reduction to $1,080 from Q4 2019.
• Total number apartments available went up by 3.7% from Q419 as expected due to seasonality, compared to YoY which saw a decrease of available apartment by just over 50%, indicating Q1 2020 could have been a strong rental market under normal circumstances.
• Units rented saw a huge decrease YoY, down over 35%.
• Studios were the one bright spot in the current quarter. Number of units rented saw a slight increase of PPSF, but also rather impressive increase of 33% of the number of units rented QoQ.